As the saying goes, “Where there is effort, there is success”, and depending on how much effort you put in towards achieving your goals, the quicker and more successful you will be at achieving them.
The fun thing is though, if you really are passionate about the path you have chosen to follow in life, you will enjoy the journey.
So here goes.
First of all, you need some “Me” time. “Me” time is not being selfish and is not something to feel guilty about. Neither is “Me” time something that you just don’t have because you are too busy with other things. “Me” time is quality time on your own to make not only your life better, but for all of those around you once they see the new passionate you, full of life and “joie de vivre”. Me time is best first think in the morning when your mind is fresh, but can also be in the evening, preparing for the following day.
During this time…
- Write down everything that you hope to achieve during the day or the following day. Think about your dream life and write down what you are going to do today to start making that dream happen. It may be some telephone inquiries, writing some emails, finding out some information, starting a course etc. But whatever it is, write it down
- Next, write down what you intend to do for the next week to achieve your goals. Again, it will consist of lots of smaller goals at first. Write them down making sure that they these goals are realistically achievable in the next seven days.
- Thirdly, write down what you hope and intend to achieve in the next month.
- Next, write down what you hope and intend to achieve in the next year.
- And finally, write down what you hope to achieve over the next 5 years.
Write these down every day. Even if you are repeating yourself for most of it, continue to write them down on a daily basis as quite often, the more you concentrate on your goals, they will become more defined and easier to follow.
By doing this, you are continuously focused on exactly what it is that you must do every day to achieve and live your dreams by opening up your subconscious mind to attract the things you want to you. The days are then no longer wasted and you will start to notice that even if you are in a job now that you currently dislike – it is a means to an end. It is a way of financing your dream and therefore right now in your life – it has a purpose. In addition, once you start completing your smaller goals, you will start to feel more confident that your dream is no longer just a dream, but bit by bit, is becoming a reality.
Finally, whatever happens, don’t give up! If you come across an obstacle, find a way round it.
In the words of Bruce Lee;
Be like water making its way through the cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object and you should find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
And remember these final few words of very strong advice… Winners never quit and quitters never win!
Live your dreams!